Federal Premium Personal Defense HST Ammunition has been specially designed to deliver consistent, tremendous expansion, optimum penetration and superior terminal performance. The specially designed hollow point will not plug while passing through a variety of barriers and the jacket and core hold together providing nearly 100% weight retention! This ammunition was engineered to meet or exceed FBI ammunition testing protocols; these protocols put bullets through 10% ordinance gelatin, steel, wallboard, plywood, laminated automobile safety glass and gelatin covered in heavy clothing and measure how well the bullets penetrate, expand and hold together.
Extensive testing has shown that the on average the 45 ACP load will deliver 12.92" of penetration, 0.81" of expansion, 99% weight retention through all FBI barriers when shot through a Smith & Wesson M&P at 10 feet.
One of the great things about this ammunition are high quality features that make this ammunition perfect choice for self-defense ammunition. Each round of ammunition is loaded into a Federal Premium nickel plated brass case with waterproofing on the case mouth and primer. Every load has a consistent powder charge and reliable primer for consistent ignition. Every HST bullet features a tapered jacket profile for reliable feeding, a cannelure that locks the copper jacket to the lead core, patented co-aligned internal and external skiving and a deep tapered hollow point that will not clog.
- Caliber: 45 ACP
- Bullet Weight: 230 Grains
- Bullet Style: HST Jacketed Hollow Point
- Case Type: Nickel Plated Brass
- Muzzle Velocity: 890 fps
- Muzzle Energy: 405 ft. lbs.
- We are unable to accept returns on ammunition. All ammunition sales are final.
- It is up to the customer to know all local laws and obey them. By purchasing ammunition or magazines you certify that you are 21 years of age.
Delivery Date and Manually Reviewed Orders
- We offer the estimated delivery date at checkout for UPS and Fedex shipping. This is an estimate based on the current warehouse workflow and the shipping carrier's transit time.
- If your order requires manual review the shipping date may be delayed. Orders that need to be manually verified are flagged by our system. Typically we flag orders for manual verification if the billing and shipping address do not match, we need an ID on file to ship the order, or if the order is from a first time customer for a large amount. We will contact you promptly to verify your order or request an ID. To expedite this process feel free to contact us in advance to verify the order or submit your ID. Please submit the ID using the tools on the site to upload your ID. This info is displayed below under your corresponding state. Once you have been verified you will be put on a white list for future orders. We thank you for your help.
Must be shipped to an FFL or Licensed Ammunition Vendor unless you are an exempt peace officer. IF you have an FFL03 we can ship ammunition to you once on file, but you must have an AVL issued by CA to transfer ammunition.
Click here to view the FFL dealers we have on file and instructions for shipping to a CA FFL or AVL.
Click here to upload your FFL or AVL information (LEO Credentials if applicable)
No tracer ammunition
No magazines over 10 rounds
No magazines over 10 rounds
|Colorado||No magazines over 15 rounds|
|DC||No ammunition, no magazines over 10 rounds|
|Hawaii||No Ammunition, no magazines over 10 rounds, no Starter Pistols|
|Illinois||Must have an Illinois Firearms Owner Identification Card, no shipments to Chicago.
Click here to upload your IL Firearms Owner ID Card
|Maryland||No magazines over 10 rounds|
|Massachusetts||No Ammunition, no magazines over 10 rounds, no Starter Pistols|
|New Jersey||No magazines over 10 rounds, must have a New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card to purchase ammunition
Click here to upload your NJ Firearms Purchaser ID Card
|New York||No magazines over 10 rounds|
|New York City||No magazines over 10 rounds, all ammunition must be shipped to an FFL
Click here to upload an FFL